As a user, you interact with a Telepathy Client.
- Empathy: a Gnome IM/voice/video client
- KDE-Telepathy: a collection of components providing IM capabilities to the KDE desktops
- Many OLPC activities do collaboration using telepathy, including Paint and Chat.
- Some other applications have Telepathy-enabled features as well
Connection Managers are the components responsible for actually connecting to the Jabber/AIM/... server. Your distribution probably has packages for most or all of the current CMs, so you don't need to install from source unless you're on a weird distro or want to hack on them.
- Gabble: A Jabber/XMPP connection manager that handles single- and multi-user chats and voice/video calls.
- Salut: A link-local XMPP connection manager (XEP-0174).
- Idle: A IRC connection manager.
- Rakia: A SIP connection manager based around the Sofia-SIP library (formerly known as Telepathy-SofiaSIP)
- Haze: A connection manager based on Pidgin's libpurple, supporting all protocols in Pidgin (AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, etc) at a basic level, but already very usable.
- telepathy-ring: GSM support via Ofono.
- Telepathy GLib: A GLib/GObject-based library for clients and connection managers
- Telepathy Qt: Qt4/Qt5 library for use in Telepathy clients, including a Qt binding for Telepathy-Farstream. Renamed from Telepathy-Qt4 since version 0.9.0
- Telepathy-Farstream: a GLib/GObject library that uses Farstream to handle the media streaming part of channels of type Call
- Wocky: an XMPP library that is built entirely asynchronously, makes it easier to provide more modern XMPP features, and takes advantage of the latest GLib features, such as gnio. Wocky source is directly in the gabble tree (via a git submodule).
- Folks: a library that aggregates people from multiple sources (eg, Telepathy connection managers for IM contacts, Evolution Data Server for local contacts, libsocialweb for web service contacts, etc.) to create metacontacts
- Mission Control: an Account Manager and Channel Dispatcher implementation, which stores accounts and coordinates the launching of connection managers and clients.
- SSH Contact: a client/service tool that makes it easy to connect to your telepathy IM contacts via SSH, using Stream Tubes
See also the Dead Components page for some history.